As reported by the The Monmouth University website, the men’s tennis team defeated Fairleigh Dickinson on Wednesday for 4-3. Now, Hawks will host Queens College on Saturday, February 18, at Little Silver Tennis Club. Niels Van Noord won at No.1 singles, 6-1, 6-4.
Alexander Zuckerman won at No.5 singles, 6-4, 6-2. With his victory, Zuckerman won his third consecutive singles match and is now 5-0 in dual match singles play this season. Senior Charlie Penman clinched the win at No.4 in three sets, with a 6-4, 4-6, 6-4 result.
Monmouth improved to 5-1 in head-to-head matches this season after winning the doubles point and earning three singles victories.
1. Victor Castro and Niels Van Noord (MON) def. Thomas Linley and Justas Trainauskas (FDU) 6-4
2. Charlie Penman and Christof Zeiler (MON) def. Younes Adnane and Mehdi Dhouib (FDU) 6-5 [7-4]
3. Gabriel Busato and Arthur Dussaubat (MON) def.
Joshua Oboniye and Arjun Sriram (FDU) 6-4
1. Niels Van Noord (MON) def. Teodors Pukse (FDU) 6-1, 6-4
2. Justas Trainauskas (FDU) def. Dmitry Bezborodov (MON) 6-3, 3-6, 6-2
3. Mehdi Dhouib (FDU) def. Victor Castro (MON) 6-2, 6-4
Charlie Penman (MON) def. Arjun Sriram (FDU) 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
5. Alexander Zuckerman (MON) def. Gryffin Minor (FDU) 6-4, 6-2
6. Joshua Oboniye (FDU) def. Christof Zeiler (MON) by retirement 6-7, 7-5
About Monmouth University
Monmouth University is a private university located in West Long Branch in the state of New Jersey.
Founded in 1933 as Monmouth Junior College, it became a university in 1995. It currently has approximately 6,500 students and over 73% of faculty members hold a PhD or Master’s degree. The student-faculty ratio is 15:1. 44% of students live on campus.
Monmouth University’s placement on the U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges Ranking increased during the 2010s, moving from 76 in 2005 to 37 in 2012 and 30 in 2013 among regional universities in the Northern United States.
Despite moving up to the U.S. News & World Report ranking, however, Monmouth University did not appear on Forbes Magazine’s List of America’s Best Colleges until 2021. Monmouth University has held multiple academic symposia on the work of Bruce Springsteen and houses the Bruce Springsteen Archives and Center for American Music.
Monmouth’s athletic teams are known as the Hawks. The Hawks compete as members of the Colonial Athletic Association. The school had competed as a Division I (NCAA) school in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference from 2013 to 2023. Photo Credits: pic by Monmouth University website
Leave a Reply